Whats a good cheap bike trainer....

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi

Unfortunately this year I am having 2 separate ops on my wrists in both hands to sure my carpal tunnel syndrome...It takes 6 weeks each time for the wrist to heal.... :evil: I have my first op on the 30th of this month so won't be able to ride properly for 5-6weeks. Seeing as I have signed up for Mayhem (and I don't want what little fitness I have to disappear!), I was thinking that a bike trainer might be a good idea...I could do this one handed and still get some hours in the saddle. Albeit in my garage not in the woody muddyness I would like to be in!

So my question is...what is a good bike trainer? I don't want to spend a fortune as I probably won't use it after this year but I want it to be good and reliable and not fall apart under my 16 stone and propel me into the garage wall! Happy to go 2nd hand and was thinking around the £50-100 mark. I have no idea about this sort of thing as I have never had one.

Any opinions or advice welcome.

Thanks

(one armed bandit) Doug

Oh and another thing...how does it attach to the rear wheel?? I have QR skewers at the mo...will it need a bolt axle? Excuse my ignorance as I say I'm used to riding out in the open air!

kaiser":1l1dde7z said:
Saw this the other day

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/tacx-blue-motio ... c-trainer/

looked like a good deal, if you add something else to the order to go over £100 you can use the voucher code 10-extra for a further 10% off.

Decided to go for that one...chucked a couple of pairs of inner tubes to get it over a oner, and used that code for 10% off so thanks for that!...heres to getting sweaty in the garage for a bit! :LOL:

Cheers

Doug

No need to do anything with the front end of the bike.

And I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it on when you've done with it. ;)

chuck a book under the front wheel otherwise you'll feel like you're going slightly downhill all the time

Back