Pace forks RC36 Evo 111 vs Pro class 2

oliverracing

Old School Hero
this has probably be done before, but can't seem to find any info....

Currently I'm running a set of 2006 rebas race dual airs, which in my opinion, are terrible, they leak, the left stanchion wears like there is no tomorrow! (on all sets that I own/have owned)

So I was looking for a new set of forks, preferably a set of pace RC36 from 1999-2002 (love the look of them), and was wondering which ones were the best (and the ones to avoid) from my research I have come down to a the two in the title ( RC36 Evo 111 and Pro class 2 - but if ther are better do tell me!), I was wondering on the merits of each set, and warning signs when buying them - also what sort of money should I be looking at spending to get a good pair (can't go anything over £120 - but ideally less!)

I have noticed the lockout function on the Pro class 2, but have heard (not sure where) that these are an aftermarket kit for the Evo 3?

seems everyone is saying to go for the pro class 2s then (other forums and PMs too)

so.... now have a set of pro class 2s paid for which should be with me by the end of the week hopefully!

Only reason to go with Evo 3s is if you want to run the integrated Pace stem/steerer. Like me....

It's not really a very good reason from a practical point of view though, is it.

oooh cool - just googled that - can't imagine how you would be able to get the headset tight enough? (the picture is the correct thing?)

PACE24.jpg

I put a Hope Hed-doctor in mine and a Hope top cap.Same as normal- just upside down that's all. A star-fangled nut would work too.

Back