Panic over done it

heavyp

Retro Guru
Im trying to sell a pair of hubs, I took the front wheel apart very easy and the locking ring came undone pretty much by hand, but the rear I cannot get it to shift at all, was there a tool hope did to get these off as they have 4 holes ? Ive tried a few things and by the looks of things it looks like its been taken off and on a few times in the past.

Um it comes off the same as the front Im assuming left loosey ?

Attachments

• hoperear.jpg
    hoperear.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 433
Re: Hope Spider Locking Ring Stuck

Yep its a normal thread, I used a pin spanners on mine, but there is a specific tool.

I think when I had one before I either put one allen key in the hole and bashed it or it may have been two in opposing holes and then got something to go across both allen keys to turn.

i have used long nose pliers before and and gripped them with mole grips around the pivot if its mega tight! its all about trying to move it with out wrecking the holes so they look like they have been used by someone with ham fists. but then they look like they have been had a go at without the right tool already. or if you have a vice handy and a couple of five mm drill bits bits secure them in vice shank end out at right distance and voila!

"put one allen key in the hole and bashed it"

just spat my tea over my monitor! thanks cyfa! ha!

Haha im here for the entertainment. Im sure I did that before, evidently it wouldn't have been very tight. And I also didn't have much love for it.
The tools are pretty rare aren't they?

yes cant say i have seen one ever though they must exist. there is surely a market for an adjustable two pin spanner, maybe drill two holes on an adjustable spanner. i like to think i am meticulous with my spannering but dare say i have made some bloody awful attempts on gear when the right tool is not available.

I found some info here:
TMB_Brakes_October_1998.jpg

Latest posts

Back