formula R1 brakes poor piston movement 2012 model

adlyhobart

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
as above has anyone got the latest R1`s that perform pretty pants? mine are a couple of months old and only seen 20 miles of use but one piston hardly moves so you end up having the caliper not centered but as far over to one side without the caliper body rubbing on the disk. its a different piston thats crap on the front and the rear and i have bled them umpteen times and clamped the good piston side and worked the poor one in and out hundreds of times to try and wear them in but to no avail!
they are under warranty still but i got them from italy so didnt want to send them back but it was really bugging hearing them rub all the time so i eventually gave in and sent them back. waiting to hear back from them and hope they sort it. i have had several sets of R1`s and never had anything but praise for them and wondered if anyone has the same issues as mine? did you resolve it? i am a time served engineer and nothing usually beats me but these have.

I have a couple of regulars who bought Cubes elsewhere before I opened, who have had a hard time with seized pistons on Formulas, due to the appalling winter conditions we have here. Managed to get them working again last year but this year it's not looking so good.

blooming hell! if its cold enough to seize brakes you would not catch me out on my bike! i have just seen your location and realised you are more used to the cold than us poncy english. the whole country grinds to a halt if more than an inch of snow falls here. my brakes got back to formula on thursday so hope to get a result soon. i did see that they have changed the angle of the piston seal(called ECT) but not sure if my ones are the newer ones as got them last year. i doubt it.

Latest posts

Back