ti frame carbon post slipping

lumos2000

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
ive got a carbon post in a ti frame and ive always had problems with it slipping, ive just changed my clamp to a QR type to try and get more leverage but it seems to have got worst, any ideas? any solutions?

had a USE clamp was ok but I kept damaging the bolts form tightening to much, ive just got a hope QR and I cant tighten it enough

lumos2000":7rx86bg8 said:
had a USE clamp was ok but I kept damaging the bolts form tightening to much, ive just got a hope QR and I cant tighten it enough

Mmm... Get a decent clamp like Salsa or Chromag (if you're feeling flush).
I assume both clamp and post are the right size?

yeah get some carbon paste or something to stop it slipping, had to use that on my carbon road bike, seatpole slippied...not anymore (although may be stuck permanently)

It's not about getting the clamp as tight as possible because you could end up damaging/crushing the carbon post, like others have said you need some carbon paste which will help the post grip inside the seat tube

1210tech":3jq09yuu said:
It's not about getting the clamp as tight as possible because you could end up damaging/crushing the carbon post, like others have said you need some carbon paste which will help the post grip inside the seat tube

I have been worried about that, I put a ally post in today to see if it was any different but had the same problem, In the end I had to wind the nut with a pair of plyers to get it tight. it lasted a full days ride with no problem. I will have a look into the carbon past stuff. thanks

the post is 27.2 im 98% sure its the right size, I was surprised the ally post slipped too

creates friction and reduce slippage :) hehehe cool.........................................

(sorry, watching beavis and butthead)

try a dab of carbon paste. this contains tiny balls that help grip the post.

the post you have, 27.2mm is tiny - most mtb post are typically 31.6 to 34.9 mm so have a larger surrface area.

I have found that doing up lightweight seatpost clamps results in the ends of the clamp bending so the force does not go to clamping the post.

read about it here:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... er#p940868

Latest posts

Back