Fox rl32, has anyone reduced the travel on theirs?

bowsho

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have a pair of fox f-series rl32 forks which i thought were the 100mm version. my lbs reckons that they are 120mm. There is 125mm of stanchion on show, can anyone please check this against theirs and confirm this for me please. Thanks! :D

Re: Fox rl32 question

Why not put a zip tie around the stanchion and compress the forks? Let the air out to make it easier to compress and measure the distance.

As above! Worth noting a lot of fox forks can have their travel changed using internal spacers!

When I let all of the air out the stanchions go down all the way into the lowers (120mm). Does this mean they are 120's? Surely you would never use 100% of the available stanchion whilst riding?

Fox used to be a couple of mm longer than they're travel. So it's probably correct

Thanks, for all your help! Mine measure 490mm! Just found out i can also reduce the travel by adding spacers as well, which is a relief! Has anyone done this before? Does it reduce the A-C measurement? Thanks. :)

bowsho":v37e8dp4 said:
Thanks, for all your help! Mine measure 490mm! Just found out i can also reduce the travel by adding spacers as well, which is a relief! Has anyone done this before? Does it reduce the A-C measurement? Thanks. :)
Yes, it reduces the a-c to the appropriate height.
You can get 10mm spacers too if you want to play around with ride heights.
I think you can pop the shaft out through the air chamber and fit a spacer; they snap onto the shaft so no further dismantling of washers/spacers/seals is required.
It can be messy the first time you do it, so best to remove the forks. Fox have some excellent guides on their web site or you'll find a how to on youtube.

Latest posts

Back