Tubeless tyres....

feetabix

Retrobike Rider
.....just converted my crossmax's to tubeless......never done it before, always seemed like a bit of a faff, but to save me from the endless snow I did it......not ridden them yet, am I going to like it?....

Reckon so...I've just converted to tubeless too. Couldn't believe how easy it was to get my Hans Dampf's set up on my Easton wheels. Although getting the sealant in was a pain because my Easton's don't have removable valve cores.

I always ran pretty low pressure in my tyres before so that won't be so much of a big deal for me, but I'm more interested in the weight saving to try and help my chubby bike feel a bit more spritely.

Love it, been running 2.4 Conti X-Kings at 14psi on P35 rims to deal with the soft conditions - grip is awesome and haven't bottomed-out on the rim either.

Attempted a snow ride today and I'm impressed. It does feel different, in a kind of floaty (on the road without snow). Impressed with the Hans Dampf's...didn't think they were too draggy at all.

Shame the snow was too deep to ride in...a lot of it was pretty much hub deep.

I love my tubeless wheels as I run them at a lower pressure, the downside is when I use other bike I can almost feel the tubes in it, when riding- very strange

theredchili":25elw4tv said:
I love my tubeless wheels as I run them at a lower pressure, the downside is when I use other bike I can almost feel the tubes in it, when riding- very strange

I agree, it's really odd. I can't really put it into words.

I wish I'd ace the change yanks ago.

.....rode them for the first time tonight......very responsive, and noticably lighter.....can i do the same for my road bike?.....i have mavic ksyrium es helium rims..... :D

Good stuff.

Just seen that you're just down the road from me. Where abouts did you take them for a spin?

I want to make the change to my road bike too, but its got fairly basic wheels.

Yeah, small world!!..... Last night was a road run to play badminton in Nuneaton, but I can often be found in the woods around north warks, canal side into tamworth to visit the in laws, or Tarmac bashing burton/tamworth/Lichfield way.......you up for a ride sometime?....we have a great retro microcosm loosely based around the brewery at ridge lane..... :D

Back