NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
regrettably may be having to sell my FSR.....
i feel sick with regret for something i haven't done yet.
every time i write the list of parts to sell, i end up deleting it in a defiant act of sentimentality.
i don't even get out to ride it that often, but i literally am struggling to part with it.
and now i'm venting my anxiousness on here expecting some form of empathy, which i probably wont get... :p

I totally sympathise with you mate. I need to sell some bikes and break my kona down as none of them are getting ridden that often, but 'what of I need it?' Keeps coming up in my mind. They'll be sold to fund another bike but, still :(

How come you might sell it?

I've been there and done it....I'm a Quantity Surveyor and like every other company in construction my firm really struggled in the recession. Instead of making redundancies, they gave us all pay cuts which although it was better than having no job, it really stung. To make matters worse my car needed a fortune spending on it, do the bikes at the time became prime targets for raising quick cash. First up it was a choice between my lovely Chameleon or my Solid Flair, as I was riding mostly DH at the time the Chameleon got broken up...something I really regret now. The Flair was then changed for a Patriot 66 (on the basis that it would be more versatile) but I hated this bike big time and I ended up not riding it.

That got so.d gradually and I ended up on a three year cycling hiatus and got fat! Moral of my little story, be 100% parting with a bike that you love!

console.gif

i think the real issue here is that i dont want to part with the frame at the very least. so i think i'll sell everything else that attaches to it and see where that leaves me :) its definitely the frame i love the mostest. and that seems the most logical approach to this.
and Cyfa, i've already bought something before ive sold anything and i dont feel any better :roll:
its all car related too which makes it even worse as i actually really hate cars - more than i hate Richard Hammonds 'man necklace' and leather jackets.

Sounds a plan to part with the bits and hold on to the frame. Fingers crossed you can build it back up at a later date. Otherwise you'll just end up trying to find another down the line. Life's too short, keep it :)

EarlofBarnet":3jlit8h8 said:
Sounds a plan to part with the bits and hold on to the frame. Fingers crossed you can build it back up at a later date. Otherwise you'll just end up trying to find another down the line. Life's too short, keep it :)

my thoughts exactly - i think it'd be easier to fight my corner if i've parted with a lot of stuff already :)
its definitley the frame i love the most, i'm always swapping and chaning components.... :roll:

Whatever you do, keep the bloody shark fin! Bloody hell keep the FSR. Haven't you got two kidneys? Sell the spare one but not the FSR!

Latest posts

Back