Why are chain tools made of cheese??

trxrincon

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hey, Can anyone please recommend a decent chain tool that wont break in less than 5 seconds please. I do like the look of the park ones but I dont really want to spend £30 on one. Any suggestions would be great. Cheers Rob :cool: :cool:

I have always used the one on my original 90's CoolTool, and I have used the one on my topeak alien a few times too.

Never broke one or needed a "workshop" tool.

I got an Icetools one of Ebay a while ago for about 7 or 8 pound, it works well and holds the chain in 3 places while you push the link in/out.

FSR-Si":3l8xb2ho said:
I got an Icetools one of Ebay a while ago for about 7 or 8 pound, it works well and holds the chain in 3 places while you push the link in/out.

+1

You just can't beat Icetoolz when it comes to these things. Excellent quality.

I got one of the small Park chain tools, works just fine, and didn't cost £30 :)

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/park-ct5c-mini-chain-brute-chain-tool-id7565.html

544208Lrg.jpg

Tesco do one that's O,K I have had two as the first pin snapped.
I have the same problem with crank tools broken ICETOOLS, RALEIGH and two others can't remember the brand names. Don't PARK TOOLS come with a lifetime guarantee my cone spanners did?

Buy cheap, get cheese. Pay a bit more and it lasts forever. The little Park one has lasted around 20 years for me.

I bought one if those x tools tool kits from crc that's the one I've just broke my other two were the same type.

That's it X tools the steel thread had no chance against the aluminium. Hamster your defo right ygwypf.

Back