15mm to 9mm q/r adapters

trek_y

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm looking for some new wheels and have been ignoring the option of anything with big axles through them as all (3) of my forks are good old fashioned q/r. Seems that some bargains can be had this way but if I were to get some say 15mm bolt through wheels can I simply covert to q/r with some generic adapters or is it a case of it not being a standard between manufacturers so you have to have very specific adapters to suit the hub ? Looks like Hope have the options covered with the Pro 2 hub but sadly wheels based around these usually end up going for more than my current price range and for that reason so is a change of fork.

mass199":2fqa40ed said:
Have a look at this.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=80192

It worked on my Hope, Dtswiss and Nukeproof front wheels and is now gathering dust in the garage as I swapped to 15mm forks.

Thanks ! That looks like a better answer compared to some little plastic plug in Mavic ones I found this evening which seemed to be for Mavic only but can't see why wouldn't work with others. Is is particularly heavy though ? Do you want to sell it ?

I've been using the plug in mavic converters in a 15mm XT front hub for a year without any problems. The Mavic plugs are metal, not plastic. Did a 2000 mile fully loaded tour with them in the summer and they're still going strong. Winstanleys had them cheap a while back.

wynne":c8g8frvv said:
I've been using the plug in mavic converters in a 15mm XT front hub for a year without any problems. The Mavic plugs are metal, not plastic. Did a 2000 mile fully loaded tour with them in the summer and they're still going strong. Winstanleys had them cheap a while back.

Thats good to know thanks and they're only £7.19 at Winstanleys too. I prefer the idea of the solid adapter above though as should be more robust and stiffer even if a bit heavier shouldn't it - but I suppose the weakness is still the little 5mm thick q/r in the dropout of the fork ?

I picked up some DT Swiss 370 hubbed wheels for a bargain and the front is 15mm thru, so, if anyone else has a QR adapter such as the Nuke one above that they don't need I'm looking for a bargain. Cheers.

Back