Direct Mount Stem for Junior T's HELP

Ruscoe

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Right Folks, i am desperately trying to finish off my partiot project however i have now come against a brick wall!!! I am trying desperately to find a direct mount stem to fit the Jnr T forks i have. There is not enough steerer to use a standard stem even the super low stack spank one i bought. They are later Jnr T's so have the 4 stud mount. Can someone please help me with the options on the market at the moment or even better if you have one PLEASE can i buy it off you??!!

Hi mate, if I remember correctly, Marzocchi made their own stem for these or at least that was the case for my old Shivers. I did have one but I sold it a little while again a clear out.

I'm not sure if modern direct mount stems will fit.

They wont fit unfortunately. Chain reaction cycles have one in stock for £50! Which i may have to buy but its one of the bolt on top no length stems (not sure the technical term) I would prefer to buy a used one but may have to go down the new route if i dont find one tomorrow. It may be cheaper for me to replace the lower crown and steerer for a longer version though!

My Stinky is also equipped with 2004 Junior-T forks and i asked the exact same question to my bike mechanic. I believe some Sunline stems are compatible although i'm not sure which model...

...probably this one?

30327_1_Zoom.jpg

I had the same problem with mine and used a Crank bros headset with the Spank spike. Cheapest option I could find.

Back