Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:59 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 1st ride of the year
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:02 am 
Retro Guru

infact Rob, if you want to do some unfit rides, im only in Oldham so we can bimble along together...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:04 am 
Retro Guru

AdamAsh wrote:
My first ride after 10 years of not riding was the Diggle Jiggle in Saddleworth..

Prepared by having a kebab and 8 pints the night before, also having a bike way to small for me.

within 2 miles i'd puked up & nearly passed out :oops: :oops: :oops: , full on dry wretching & everything

ended up having a few minutes out and then taking it easy for the rest of the ride, frequent stops & more frequent water..

Still super unfit and overweight, climbs are more like pushes but at least I enjoy the downhills..

Just keep trying, fitness doesnt happen overnight, 33 years old and thinking im 20 again doesnt help either..

GOOD LUCK

yeh,41 now and thinking i`m still 31 when i was invinceable,well,i thought i was anyway.

will keep trying,got to,spent too much money on bits and bobs to quit. :D :D :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:06 am 
Retro Guru

AdamAsh wrote:
infact Rob, if you want to do some unfit rides, im only in Oldham so we can bimble along together...

i actually work in oldham aswell,i`m gonna keep one of my bikes in the van with me so if or when i get chance i can go for a little burn,even if its only the canal.

where abouts are ya?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:08 am 
Retro Guru

Sounds like it may have been an off day for you.

Just take things slowly, and build up gradually. I had a gap or around 10 years when i stopped riding and concentrated on martial arts and competitions.

Returned to riding and although i was in good shape i struggled doing a couple of miles and hills were a real struggle. Now a few years later i am doing 70/90 mile charity rides, not really easily but 'pleasant'.

And get some likeminded training budies, the same level as you not people who do sportives every weekend. It makes things much more fun - ie a pub stop at the end 8)

Last edited by widowmaker on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:10 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

corsarob wrote:
misteroo wrote:
Wanna be part of an unfit 10 man team at Mountain Mayhem??

i am really unfit,i can walk for hours,but riding today just seemed to kill me,i bet i hadnt even ridden more than 5 mins when i started to feel unwell and sweat,just weird. :?: :?:

Youll fit in perfectly then!!!!!.....you have 5 months to sort out the drinking and the heckling!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:12 am 
Retro Guru

widowmaker wrote:
Sounds like it may have been an off day for you.

Just take things slowly, and build up gradually. I had a gap or around 10 years when i stopped riding and concentrated on martial arts and competitions.

Returned to riding and although i was in good shape i struggled doing a couple of miles and hills were a real struggle. Now a few years later i am doing 70/90 mile charity rides, not really easily but 'pleasant'.

And get some likeminded training budies, the same level as you not people who do sportives every weekend. It makes things much more fun - ie a pun stop at the end 8)

the guy i was out with smokes like a sailor,is only a few years younger and i only sold him my trek about a month or so ago,and he left me for dead,hope it was an off day,but i didnt feel off before we set off,i was hoping to be out at least an hour or two. :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:14 am 
Retro Guru

misteroo wrote:
corsarob wrote:
misteroo wrote:
Wanna be part of an unfit 10 man team at Mountain Mayhem??

i am really unfit,i can walk for hours,but riding today just seemed to kill me,i bet i hadnt even ridden more than 5 mins when i started to feel unwell and sweat,just weird. :?: :?:

Youll fit in perfectly then!!!!!.....you have 5 months to sort out the drinking and the heckling!!

i hope to be a lot fitter in 5 months,well maybe just 50% fitter will do. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:14 am 
Retro Guru

corsarob wrote:
AdamAsh wrote:

i actually work in oldham aswell,i`m gonna keep one of my bikes in the van with me so if or when i get chance i can go for a little burn,even if its only the canal.

where abouts are ya?

Cool, even if its just a couple of laps of Dovestones or something, it all counts..

Im in Lees / Springhead.

Just gotta get my bike finished (again) should have forks by end of the week..

Ill PM you my number, just give us a shout & we can sort something out

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:17 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I'd recommend wearing less, if you were sweating buckets. I wear a t-shirt, a hoody and a lightweight windproof top, and that's too much for me sometimes in the past few weeks. In the snow I wore 2 t-shirts, and that was about right for the pace. I wasn't cold at any point, apart from my feet.

Short rides regularly will help build up your fitness

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:18 am 
Retro Guru

dovestones,i pass it a few times every week,and today i was only riding in stalybridge up in the reservoirs,killed me,but yeh,a little spin here and there can only help. :) :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next