I'm telling ye, tis the future ....

Wouldn't taking the dips and bumps out be even better? It would make for an even smoother, faster ride. No shortage of smooth trails too, they're everywhere.

Why does the future of mountainbiking have to be lots of tech to make riding bumpy trails super smooth. I want to ride over bumpy stuff and for it to feel bumpy, that's why I go mountainbiking. When I want smooth I take my road bike out!!!

I am now very worried... I ride a 26er, but did not realise that I would not be able to ride further than the first 2inch bump n the track. This is bad news as I am sure that I have ridden tracks with these sort of bumps...do I actually ride a 29er and not know it.

Just pop your front wheel over them mate and you'll be fine!!! I guess that's another skill that will be forgotten before too long!!!

The staff at trail centres will have to go out and add larger rocks and dig bigger holes in the ground to make the trails just as much fun as they used to be on 26" wheeled bikes. :LOL:

I am very interested in these automatic riderless bikes featured in the video.....though I'd probably get a 26" one. Or a hover model.

What's next? Self hoovering carpet??

Back