Centrelock to 6-bolt

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Does anyone know if shimano centre lock hubs can be easily and cheaply converted to 6-bolt?

define cheap.

typically KCNC and shimano centrelock to 6 bolts adapter as £ 16.

or consider ashima adatper for £ 12.50 (avaialble in different colours too)
http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/13080250 ... sbar&cbt=y

there are sone which are clamp -on design .... looks nasty to me.

how do I know all this? gooooooooooooooooooooooooogle., :mrgreen:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
02gf74":2tfkntfd said:
define cheap.

On your ashima link, there's some that are £7.94
I'd define that as cheap.

Cheers for all the info, food for thought. Was thinking of running XTR hubbed wheels, but my brakes are 6-bolt, so this is most helpful thanks. :cool:

If you want to define cheap in this instance, compare the price a couple of centrelocks go for. Can be very cheap on the bay.

:)

when I decided to convert to disc brake wheels, I went for shimano hubs which were cetrelock only .... but with hindsight wish I back the 6-bolt horse. there is a far wider choice for 6 bolt plus I reckon an equivalent 6 bolt hub and disc weighs less than its centre lock counterpart.

anyway, as brindle coloured dog said, take a look at centrelock rotors - avaialble in 160 and 180 mm (maye 203 too) as they are not overly expensive.... probably work out cheaper then adapters and 6 bolt discs.

Best bet is probably just to use Centerlock rotors in the appropriate diameter. I've been running Avid brakes on XTR rotors for ages, works fine. The various adaptors are OK, but they're mostly pretty chunky and they don't work with all rotors.

Back