Which Marzocchi are these? 80 or 100mm Urgent help required

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
I'm thinking of buying these forks, but I need 80mm for my Raleigh RSP Torus frame - are these 80mm or 100mm?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... TQ:GB:1123

The seller states that;

I think they are 80mm travel but measuring the stansions they could be 100mm.

And upon emailing him, asking if they're 80 or 100mm, he said;

Hi
I have tried to work it out or find an indicator but can't so hopefully these measurements will help:

Length from top of crown next to the adjuster to the quick release lugs at the bottom = 440mm
Length of exposed stantion (gold bit) from bottom of crown to seal = 110mm (this leads me to believe that they are 80mm as I would be surprised if there was just 10mm clean. I know for a fact that when I rode them I did not get travel almost to the top of the stantion)

I hope this helps

here's a picture;

$(KGrHqJ,!hIFED!YhSr8BRBbDwQIrQ~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!lQFCzoE65gtBRBbEfYCi!~~60_12.JPG

Any help or pointers would be most appreciated. cheers

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Which Marzocchi are these? 80 or 100mm Urgent help requi

Probably 80mm but a lot of those age forks can be stepped down to 80mm anyway.

Logic.Al":2gqmy4pr said:
Probably 80mm but a lot of those age forks can be stepped down to 80mm anyway.

Thanks man!
I was on the lookout for a Z2, but the Z3 seems very much similar bar some adjustments, so I'm going for it now! :)

I think all Z3's of that era were either 80mm or 100mm and could be adjusted by the owner. They all come as 80mm, so unless they've been fiddled with they'll be 80mm. As well as a lack of adjustment they'll be slightly heavier than Z2's

markwashington":3e93d61c said:
I think all Z3's of that era were either 80mm or 100mm and could be adjusted by the owner. They all come as 80mm, so unless they've been fiddled with they'll be 80mm. As well as a lack of adjustment they'll be slightly heavier than Z2's

Thanks man. I'm hearing good things about these and their plushness so it seems a good choice.
Also the silver and polished look with gold stanchions matches the titanium of the frame well

Back