V12 DMR Pedal refurb kits?

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I'm looking at sorting some old V12's i inherited on one of my retros, I could buy new V8's or V12's at reasonable price but Authentic old V12's could be ideal on my '97 Trailstar modern Retro!

Is it easy to do and are these kits ideal for the job, anyone used one?

Not attempted to refub pedals since I was a kid but should be fun with a proper kit right....?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement-B ... 3cce22960a

cheers

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I found a decent video with just a quick YouTube search after 10 seconds... included bearing and bush replacement

G

Thanks :) The advert on ebay features a video, not watched it yet.
The pre made kit seems like a good service, I just wanted to check if anyone had any issues with the kits or rebuilding these old pedals.
Seems worthwhile, even mag V8's are £30 and thes have some retro factor and don't look cracked or anything...

Cheers

I'm perhaps a bit late to this thread ; but you can get refurb kits for a lot less money than that ebay link -- not with the wider bushing admittedly ; but I'm not 100% sure it is really needed. Also ; a 1/2" thread pedal spindle makes for the perfect bushing removal tool ; the sealed bearing normally comes out with a tap or two holding pedal body in hand ; onto a flat bench or similar. My local bearing factor has both bearings needed at a pretty good price.

Thank you Kampos some great tips there, no rush as I'm happy just looking at my Trailstar at the moment 95% complete! Will see how much other kits are, after all I'm getting no richer! Cheers

Back