Cannondale Super V SL. HELP!

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
I'm trying to help a forum member out. He is after a Dale back end and it appears I have one. However, I just can't get it away from the front end. I was struggling to undo the main pivot. Eventually after around a million foot pounds of torque was but though it something went BANG.

At first I thought it was my spine. However, one side of the bolt thingy is loose. The bit in the Dale#1 picture with the key stuck out of it moves freely and a gap has appeared as sort of shown in Dale#3.

The other side with the black key sticking out moves, but makes a tight squeaking noise as it turns. It doesn't seem to screw out no matter how many turns it gets. Also, although loose the 'bolt' in Dale#1 does not come out either.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Dale#3.JPG
    Dale#3.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 437
  • Dale#2.JPG
    Dale#2.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 437
  • Dale#1.JPG
    Dale#1.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 437
I'm guessing that the bolts are stuck in the each bearing. The back was the bolt at the thread, which has released some of the tension, but beacuse the bolts are in the bearing, they won't come out.
Is one of the bolts hollow, ie could you tap the other one out through it?

P20":il4qsrit said:
I'm guessing that the bolts are stuck in the each bearing. The back was the bolt at the thread, which has released some of the tension, but beacuse the bolts are in the bearing, they won't come out.
Is one of the bolts hollow, ie could you tap the other one out through it?

It is strange. I have been sent a link of what should be in the pivot but mine appears different. There seems to be something threaded in it. It makes hammering pointless. It let go with a hell of a bang, that much I do know!

Latest posts

Back