New Hope stuff at Core Bike

Bum! Got all excited when I saw the carbon wheels but on further investigation it turns out they are road wheels :(

They do carbon road/CX disc wheels too.

Already contacted Hope to put in an order for the grips and bars.

Presuming the bars are made overseas though, as they aren't pushing the UK manufactured bit. Will get in touch with them and find out.

dbmtb":3tgkshvv said:
Presuming the bars are made overseas though, as they aren't pushing the UK manufactured bit. Will get in touch with them and find out.

wideopenmag":3tgkshvv said:
Unlike much of Hope’s range – these aren’t produced in house at HopeHQ. They’re made in Asia to Hope’s specification. Hope admit that there’s a lot that goes in to making a bar and the cost of stumping out for the machinery to do it as well or better than Asia would be too much.

They are however super happy with the end product and stoked that they’ve finally got a bar that meets the quality that they want. These bars are alu … but look out for a carbon bar later in the year that will be produced in house.

Looks like the Techbar will be available in 3 sizes and will be £60.

Aye made abroad according to the above.

I think this is too much now. I dont know why but i feel hope shouldnt make more stuff. Stick to what youre good at and all that. Not keen.

Having looked at a bigger picture, I think the bars are a little too much in terms of patterns etc.

Hope do seem to be making a lot of stuff now although you don't see many of the posts or the pedals.

Some of their stuff is really nice, other stuff I'm not too fussed about. People do seem to get quite emotive about Hope especially if you're not fussed about them. Still think their Bulb hubs are the best they've ever made.

Back