1999 World Cup DH Season

That's pretty cool...not read it all yet, but enjoyed some of the old school videos.

It seems like a very long time ago...can't believe that Peaty is still racing! I used to love the Volvo Cannondale team and am sure that I've got my old DH team jersey somewhere.

The monster chainrings look funny though. But that's probably because I've hit so used to he use of smaller ones.

99 was a great year for DH thats for sure. there were a lot of companies with big teams and most brands had a flagship dh bike.
Volvo cannondale was a great team but around 99 they had dh bikes and technology that was team only and never made it to the market place. on the other hand GT, Giant, Specialized, Schwinn, Intense etc had for sale to the public, bikes that were pretty much what the pros were racing in the world cup.

Love the Sunn Nico had. He was running 5 to 6 inches travel mainly 5 when most other pros were running 6 or 7+

So many legendary riders and bike around 99 which I guess is a result of the big money in the sport at the time

Back