Hope brake service

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
As in the one Hope do themselves

Ive a pair of mono minis that are in nice condition but suffering from a leaky piston seal on the rear
Not one to let sense stand in my way i'd decided to service both completely,removing all the parts and replacing them with new ones.Eventually id get a new brake internally and thats all that really matters :?
After totting all the bits up i decided that was a bad move and wondered if hope whould do them even though theyre an older system
Yes they do,and for £40 per brake.I phoned this morning and its quite an easy process to print out the booking form and then its just a matter of sending them off.
Their service is to strip everything out and replace it.That includes all seals,all pistons inc the lever piston,diaphragms,circlips and pins.They even give you a new set of pads
Given pads themselves for hope branded would be about £15 ,all the seals about £12 ,£8 for the 2 pistons and probably another tenner for the master cylinder piston,seal,circlips and pins- £40[per brake] +post is a hell of a bargain :?

Anyone sent off and used this service can comment on how they got on.?

Hope service is legendary. There's plenty of great tales ons STW. The brakes are pretty easy to work on, but if it's cheaper for them to do it, it's ano brainer

cyfa2809":2af7cojh said:
What do they do about wibbly pivots on the levers?

Im not sure thats anything they can sort because looking to the lever its the mounting hole that wears/stretches :? Probably have to just put up with them being a bit wobbly,but it doesnt really affect braking performance.

P20":2af7cojh said:
its a no brainer
:cool: about the sum of it

It should be the plastic bush that wears though the blade can often wear before the brass pivot if you dont keep on top of maintaining it.

Just shelled out for a sander so ill have to put this on the back burner till i raise some more funds
Bike anyone ? :LOL:

Back