Anyone planning to get out and ride in the snow tomorrow?

Mindmap3

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Is anyone else planning to get out and have a ride in the snow tomorrow?

I'm going to Cannock and can't wait...I'm properly excited. I think it will be my first proper ride in real snow. Planning to get there pretty early.

I went out for a bit on the Tazer today and had a right laugh...jumping in the snow is awesome fun! Railing berms is interesting though and High Rollers suck in the snow.

Sheeeit, I finish work in an hour and am toying with a cheeky night ride with a hip flask. Just don't know if enthusiasm will last once I get Ito the warmth of home.

gavinda":3brnk5mp said:
Sheeeit, I finish work in an hour and am toying with a cheeky night ride with a hip flask. Just don't know if enthusiasm will last once I get Ito the warmth of home.

Do it !

gavinda":2udqtjve said:

Do it...you'll avoid a ball, it's bloody hard work riding through snow though.

brocklanders023":2my9ix3y said:
It's fun until you fall off for the 100th time. Snow and ice are not my friends.

That's all part of he fun! I had an ace slam today...I was jumping a sketchy little jump into a bomb hole, which was fine despite a few hidden ruts. There is then a little berm at the bottom.

This berm proved to be the most problematic thing, especially after it'd been identical for a bit and the snow compacted. Too fast, too high up the berm, no grip and some hidden logs, bumps meant the bike stopped whilst I continued. Straight over be bars with a Diabolus stem to the knees! I saw the funny side though and lay in the snow laughing.

The hidden puddles are funny too....looks smooth, the ice cracks and the front wheel disappears!

I can't wait or tomorrow. It's still snowing now, it hasn't stopped all day. Tomorrow is gonna be ace. Although I'm gonna freeze as my tights ended up in a bag if stuff accidentally given to a charity shop, so it'll be shirts all the way for me!

planning to ride in the snow in the next days - currently we have 50+ cm of snow - hope it will look like that from previous year(s):

CIMG1723.jpg

CIMG1725.jpg

:D

Hopefully if it keeps falling. I love riding in the snow. Will change the pedals though from clipless to flats as if you do hit a bit of ice the speed of sudden snap is too fast to unclip.

Back