XT M755 disc brakes

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
why are these so hard to come by?
want to get myself a matching front one, but they seem to be non existent.....did they not produce them for long or are people just holding on to them/still using them?? i'm talking about the 4 pot types:

755servowave.jpg

I think people are hanging on to them. Quite a few guys I used to ride with loved them and refused to get rid.

I also think that they're in that odd place where people think that they aren't old enough to be worth loads ( I.e sort after ) or new enough to be worth selling.

I love the original levers too....so simple and such a perfect shape.

its just another thing on my list thats fallen into that 'hard to get hold of' category...seems to happen whenever i start pursuing something!
:p
it is a lovely brake, nice light action with loads of strength :)

the 4 pots rule!!!

this was the one model I chose to fit to my bikes so was a bit peeed off when they were discontinued.... unfortunatley things did not go to plan as I now have a plethora of Magura, Formula, Avid, SRAM, XTR, Giant models. :twisted:

If you are really depearate, I have a rear calliper in spanking condition that I may consider selling (it can go on front with 180 mm disc) ... but it is unlikley I will as I am lookng out for a front one to make up a pair. :?

02gf74":32n005lh said:
the 4 pots rule!!!

this was the one model I chose to fit to my bikes so was a bit peeed off when they were discontinued.... unfortunatley things did not go to plan as I now have a plethora of Magura, Formula, Avid, SRAM, XTR, Giant models. :twisted:

If you are really depearate, I have a rear calliper in spanking condition that I may consider selling (it can go on front with 180 mm disc) ... but it is unlikley I will as I am lookng out for a front one to make up a pair. :?

i'd love that rear caliper :)
i'm looking to make a pair too.... if you sell me your rear caliper, i'll sell you mine :p ;)

i missed one on ebay a couple of weeks ago, went for a bit more than i had at the time - it was a full brake aswell (with lever) :(
they are a piece of piss to bleed. i love the shimano brakes :)

Yeah they are a cracking brake, I've had them since new on my RC200F8, they had just been released when I spec'd it and I had to wait for about a month after the bike had been built because the shop were still waiting for the delivery of the front brake assembly to be made from Shimano.
Good luck in your search ;)

I had the original Saint brakes which used the same lever...they were so easy to bleed. Every time they bled up perfect.

I have XT M785's now which are more powerful put are a pain to bleed.

Back