98 Marin Mount Vision Pro, break or sell as whole bike ?

Woodentop

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi, i've recently acquired a 98 Mount Vision Pro, the idea is to sell it on, but just wondering if its worth spending a bit of time and a few quid getting it back in to good working order and selling as a whole or just to break for parts ?
Its pretty much all origional spec, XTR, Manitou SX, 517 rims on XTR hubs etc ... Is there much call for used bits of this spec or even as a complete bike ?

Cheers, Rich

If you're after making the most money breaking is usually the best way to go, but it's more hassle and you have to get rid of all the parts to make it worth while.

On the other hand selling the whole bike will make you a bit less money, but it should involve much less effort.

I'd break it, even if you don't sell everything you'll get more money for it.

It's a but of a pain, but I'm tight so deal with it!

Cheers, i'm happy enough to break it, i've broke a few bikes in the past, but more current ones, just didn't really know how much call there was for older spec stuff.
I wouldn't have minded 'restoring' it and selling it on for someone else to collect / enjoy, but at the end of the day ... money talks !! so looks like it'll be broken.

Thanks again.

Good stuff. If its M952 XTR, I think there us a pretty good demand for it.

I know I'll be looking for some in the new year when I finally get round to giving the Cannondale a new lease of life.

Back