Ebay scam - Ibis Mojo - follow up

Logic.Al

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
As per original thread.

.... if it seems to good to be true then it probably is.

contacted the seller (note 0 feedback) of this > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150946541459? ... 1426.l2649 in London about possible BIN and for photos.

Got a reply and it seemed to good to be true - not enough haggling etc. .... so did a little search on ebay for sold items, and lo and behold I see this > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ibis-Mojo-HD- ... 3f1ebef6fa sold in USA.

Was even sent the exact same photos..... even the description is the same. Something a wee bit fishy I would say.

So take care when buying privately.

Well I put a nice big bid of £4500 and won it for £3700. So I thought the scammer must be wetting himself.

So I checked my email this morning.
I had a nice email from him

Hello

Please confirm me again your full name and address for I can start the shipping. I will make the shipping through ROyals LTD. After that you will receive the invoice with payment info and the tracking number. Then you must make the payment through a bank account. You will have the item 5 days to inspect it and if something is wrong or is not like I told you, you will have the money back. I am waiting for your e-mail with the confirmation for the shipping address.

Thank you

I'm asked him for closer pictures for the right rear dropout spoon to see if its good condition. See what he says.[/b]

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Huh?!?! After I read your original thread I reported it the e at as a scam with the same info you gave. Looks like they aren't fussed at all :roll:

I reported it too but nothing happened so I thought I'd have some fun with a brand new shill ebay account. Not got my details on it anyway its under the name Jeff Spank which someone at work dreamed up :)

I got some emails from the delivery company

We have recently started the shipping for the item number #150946541459 from eBay. You must have the invoice with payment info already in your e-mail. The tracking number for this shipment is UX5863349123B3. You must enter on http://royal.ltd.net.tf/ and click TRACKING for you can check it. Please provide us the scanned paper from the bank after you finish the payment.

Kind regards,
Royals LTD
Customer Service Email Team

When i searched for this company it brings up a turkish Bean and pea supplier.

His reply to my email asking for pictures and confirming my address was

Hello

I've just received the confirmation that the shipping was started. Please check your e-mail because you must have the invoice and the payment info. Please let me know if you have them.

Now I need some good chickpea based humour.

Glad to know some unsuspecting buyer hasn't been caught out by this scammer. Can't imagine why he never responded to my message outing his little scam! :roll:

Well I'm gutted I didn't win but £ 3.7 is way out of my budget :?

But the really disappointing part is that ebay did FA about removing the item from sale - there must have been at least 4 messages to them. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Latest posts

Back