Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:38 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 213
Location: uk
With all due respect to the good guys on here ,but it cracks me up when certain members on this site (retro Bike) go on about scams and whats right and wrong,then claim the moral high ground etc :roll:
With help of another member and goggle I have identified at least three members from this site that tried to sabotage my recent eBay marin listing by removing bids right at the last minute/end of the auction ,good job i had a couple of mates bidding on it or else they or one of them or a genuine bidder might have won it less than £200,not that i would of let it go for that mind ,preferred to take bad feedback,in the end it went for more than i gave for it so i was happy,
On another thread on this site there is a complete thread where there must be over 30 members laughing about how much somebody on ebay wants for a bike then grouping together to watch/hoax bid that bike on ebay because it might make him think he has lots of watchers/bidders, apparently this is really amusing :roll: ..to me its just gutless.
As for the good guy that warned me on here about what other members was attempting todo to my auction ,thanks mate ,you know who you are ,and if you ever need a car checking out before you buy then give me a call you have my number ,i will do it for free :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:47 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:51 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: Llantwit Major
Quote:
in the end it went for more than i gave for it so i was happy,


Thats what annoyed most people on here. Blatant profiteering.
This on the other hand is an out and out scam.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:58 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:35 pm
Posts: 2784
Logic.Al wrote:
Quote:
in the end it went for more than i gave for it so i was happy,


Thats what annoyed most people on here. Blatant profiteering.
This on the other hand is an out and out scam.



Jeez, here we go again... some people need to stop posting such drivel!
Would it be OK if he profited but wasnt so honest about it? :roll:

Everyone would like to make a bit on what they sell,,, FFS its why most retro bike get bought on ebay then split on here.... you dont hear anyone whinging about that!!!

So he bought a lush bike, at a bargain price, enjoyed it, then sold it for a profit....

OMG.... THE WORLDS' GOING TO END!!

Please!!???
He didnt even split it, unlike many people on here

Mods/Guv, apologies, I know the big fella can stick up for himself, but mrpedigree is getting flammed for being honest here!

Thats all I have to say on the matter


G


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:03 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 213
Location: uk
Logic.Al wrote:
Quote:
in the end it went for more than i gave for it so i was happy,


Thats what annoyed most people on here. Blatant profiteering.
This on the other hand is an out and out scam.
Only to the cry babies :wink:
I didn't know that eaning a very small margin and at least not losing money in an item was a crime or some unwritten rule on this forum ?
You will have to run that by me again as most people dont want to lose any money from something they have forsale,and if they make a bit of profit then what is wrong with that, aren't we all hungry ?
Of course the guys that live with their parents still dont get this concept,they are usually the very same type that will kick your tyres of what you have for sale or even have the time on their hands to make an ebay account to "PISS SOMEONE OFF" :roll: :lol:...dont anyone else find that a little cowardly and pathetic ?
FFS these types need to get a life and step out from behind the safety of that screen :xmas-big-grin:
unkleGsif wrote:
Logic.Al wrote:
Quote:
in the end it went for more than i gave for it so i was happy,


Thats what annoyed most people on here. Blatant profiteering.
This on the other hand is an out and out scam.



Jeez, here we go again... some people need to stop posting such drivel!
Would it be OK if he profited but wasnt so honest about it? :roll:

Everyone would like to make a bit on what they sell,,, FFS its why most retro bike get bought on ebay then split on here.... you dont hear anyone whinging about that!!!

So he bought a lush bike, at a bargain price, enjoyed it, then sold it for a profit....

OMG.... THE WORLDS' GOING TO END!!

Please!!???
He didnt even split it, unlike many people on here

Mods/Guv, apologies, I know the big fella can stick up for himself, but mrpedigree is getting flammed for being honest here!

Thats all I have to say on the matter


G

You talk sense mate ,I didnt earn earn the world out of it and plus had the bollox ache of sending it etc
Yet like you said apparently this was worse than breaking the lovely thing for more money
:roll:
People that spend their llives on line are weird ,cant get my head round them :)


Last edited by mrpedigree on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:14 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:51 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: Llantwit Major
unkleGsif wrote:
Logic.Al wrote:
Quote:
in the end it went for more than i gave for it so i was happy,


Thats what annoyed most people on here. Blatant profiteering.
This on the other hand is an out and out scam.



Jeez, here we go again... some people need to stop posting such drivel!
Would it be OK if he profited but wasnt so honest about it? :roll:

Everyone would like to make a bit on what they sell,,, FFS its why most retro bike get bought on ebay then split on here.... you dont hear anyone whinging about that!!!

So he bought a lush bike, at a bargain price, enjoyed it, then sold it for a profit....

OMG.... THE WORLDS' GOING TO END!!

Please!!???
He didnt even split it, unlike many people on here

Mods/Guv, apologies, I know the big fella can stick up for himself, but mrpedigree is getting flammed for being honest here!

Thats all I have to say on the matter


G


I wasn't flaming. I was just pointing out that the big fella had annoyed several people on here the way he went about boasting about the bike. It was a lovely bike and had I had enough cash I would have bought it as it was my size.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:26 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 213
Location: uk
I wasn't boasting i was just happy i had got it slightly cheaper than what they were going for on here , i asked for £450 it but like the cars i sell i would of took and offer for it ,in the end it got sold for just under £360 ,it owed me just under £270 , by the time i pay the fees and everything else i bet i have earned £50 maybe ? is that such a crime ? yet everyone was getting their knickers in a twist over it .
If anyone on here had the brains and bought anything cheap ,i would pat them on the back and say good luck to you,thats how its done etc
I think its good to see people earning and not coming up short ,who can or who wants to afford to keep doing that .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:38 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:06 pm
Posts: 4422
Location: Herts UK
mrpedigree wrote:
With all due respect to the good guys on here ,but it cracks me up when certain members on this site (retro Bike) go on about scams and whats right and wrong,then claim the moral high ground etc :roll:

Not sure what has rattled your cage, but the listing I pointed out appears to be 100% pure scam - and is a criminal offence attempting to obtain money by fraudlent means for a non existent item

With help of another member and goggle I have identified at least three members from this site that tried to sabotage my recent eBay marin listing by removing bids right at the last minute/end of the auction ,good job i had a couple of mates bidding on it or else they or one of them or a genuine bidder might have won it less than £200,not that i would of let it go for that mind ,preferred to take bad feedback,in the end it went for more than i gave for it so i was happy,
err, hang on, who is taking the moral high ground here? unless an item has a reserve, aren't ebay rules such that it must be sold to the hightest bidder? surely pulling out of a sale that was won fairly and squarely is gutless.

On another thread on this site there is a complete thread where there must be over 30 members laughing about how much somebody on ebay wants for a bike then grouping together to watch/hoax bid that bike on ebay because it might make him think he has lots of watchers/bidders, apparently this is really amusing :roll: ..to me its just gutless.
As for the good guy that warned me on here about what other members was attempting todo to my auction ,thanks mate ,you know who you are ,and if you ever need a car checking out before you buy then give me a call you have my number ,i will do it for free :wink:
that is definitely not cricket but hardly in the same league as fraud


not trying to pick an argument just redressing the balance. Would you prefer I did not warn retobikeers of this scam? .... what started as a siple waring has become rather twisted and bitter and no doubt will drag on a bit now :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:48 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 213
Location: uk
02gf74 wrote:
mrpedigree wrote:
With all due respect to the good guys on here ,but it cracks me up when certain members on this site (retro Bike) go on about scams and whats right and wrong,then claim the moral high ground etc :roll:

Not sure what has rattled your cage, but the listing I pointed out appears to be 100% pure scam - and is a criminal offence attempting to obtain money by fraudlent means for a non existent item

With help of another member and goggle I have identified at least three members from this site that tried to sabotage my recent eBay marin listing by removing bids right at the last minute/end of the auction ,good job i had a couple of mates bidding on it or else they or one of them or a genuine bidder might have won it less than £200,not that i would of let it go for that mind ,preferred to take bad feedback,in the end it went for more than i gave for it so i was happy,
err, hang on, who is taking the moral high ground here? unless an item has a reserve, aren't ebay rules such that it must be sold to the hightest bidder? surely pulling out of a sale that was won fairly and squarely is gutless.

On another thread on this site there is a complete thread where there must be over 30 members laughing about how much somebody on ebay wants for a bike then grouping together to watch/hoax bid that bike on ebay because it might make him think he has lots of watchers/bidders, apparently this is really amusing :roll: ..to me its just gutless.
As for the good guy that warned me on here about what other members was attempting todo to my auction ,thanks mate ,you know who you are ,and if you ever need a car checking out before you buy then give me a call you have my number ,i will do it for free :wink:
that is definitely not cricket but hardly in the same league as fraud


not trying to pick an argument just redressing the balance. Would you prefer I did not warn retobikeers of this scam? .... what started as a siple waring has become rather twisted and bitter and no doubt will drag on a bit now :(
Great quoting,wish i could do that :lol:
Never mind about eBay rules sabotaging anyones auction in an attempt to get it at a rock bottom price by bid pulling at the last minute with a group of accounts is a pretty low if you ask me,not as bad as an out and out scam no but not to far away morally thats for sure .
I to have reported you ebay link ,hope that make you feel better about my other posts .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:31 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:06 pm
Posts: 4422
Location: Herts UK
mrpedigree wrote:
Never mind about eBay rules sabotaging anyones auction in an attempt to get it at a rock bottom price by bid pulling at the last minute with a group of accounts is a pretty low if you ask me,not as bad as an out and out scam no but not to far away morally thats for sure .
I to have reported you ebay link ,hope that make you feel better about my other posts .


I agree with you - what you describe is a kind of schill bidding by artificially inflating the price to prevent genuine bids, then cancelling bids so that a lower bid wins. (wish I'd thought of that!! :lol: ) If that is what happened and was is done by members on here, then they deserve a poke in the eye that's for sure, and to be named and shamed.

I don't claim to be holier than thou bult ultimately when I look to buy something off ebay, I try to get it at lowest price possible, regardlesss of its true worth and that is what those folks did but in a non-sporting manner; likewise when selling I aim to get the highest price but the starting price is the minimum I would be happy with and is based on similar items that have sold.

In one case I sold a worn Hope SAW disc and gave the buyer a small refund as I felt they bid too high for its condition, even though I described it accuratlely - sometimes people do get carried away. :shock:

Thank you for reporting it but that is neither here nor there - and as I posted early on, nobody should send an amount of money to strangers on the internet that is more than they are prepared to lose = buyer beware.


Last edited by 02gf74 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:33 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 213
Location: uk
My mrs got tucked up once from an ebay scam a few years ago ,it was when ugg boots first came about and she wanted a pair ,so instead of waiting for santa she bought some off eBay for like £120 ,when the boots turned up they were fakes ,good fakes tho but still snide.
The guy she got them from wouldn't answer her PMs or calls via phone.
So what I did was buy 6 pairs off him off my business ebay account,i phoned him from another number and said if he did refund my mrs for the fake boots she bought i was gonna leave bad feedback on all the items i bought saying in all the feedback i left that the boots was fake... i told him if he refunded her the £120 and another £80 i would leave him good feedback on all 6 pairs of the boots i bought ,plus wouldnt come looking for him at his return to sender address,he said ok he would,so as soon as he refunded her i left bad feedback on everything i had bought but had not paid for :D
Not long after his account was gone and his 1000 feedback score :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group