ebay scam - you know what they say ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
.... if it seems to good to be true then it probably is.

contacted the seller (note 0 feedback) of this in London about possible BIN and for photos.

Got a reply and it seemed to good to be true - not enough haggling etc. .... so did a little search on ebay for sold items, and lo and behold I see this :twisted: sold in USA.

Was even sent the exact same photos..... even the description is the same. Something a wee bit fishy I would say.

So take care when buying privately.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for this, it had been on my watch list and I've now reported it to ebay (not that I have any faith they will act)

BTW can somebody ask the seller how long they have owned the bike and what is the reason for selling? :LOL:

########################################
I reported item but I couldn't find any way to type a message to refer to the USA sales.

Not entirley sure how the scammer intends to pull it off - payment by paypal and posting only??

I don't trust paypal so my advice is use paypal for any amount you are prepared to lose - so for any expensive items, I have paid by cash on collection.

There was one bike that I bought for £ 700ish from someone on the Isle of Skye and sweated like a pig in a sauna until the box arrived. (I did use google to find the restaurant of the owner and speak to them to verify I did at least have an address to give to police should the deal have gone pear shaped)

I replied asking for more photos - ho ho :LOL: knowing full well that there wouldn't be any plus - plus I asked about collection knowing that collection would not be possible - again as predicted (maybe I should dothe Lotto on Saturday.. :?
I can't make a pick up for you because I want to use ebay...I will send the item through ebay and after I start the shipping you must make the payment to them...after that you will receive the bike and you will have 5 days to check it and inspect...if something is not like I told you the agent will give you the money back...let me know..
Scamming bastardy BASTARD!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

02gf74":3cwe0shh said:
I replied asking for more photos - ho ho :LOL: knowing full well that there wouldn't be any plus - plus I asked about collection knowing that collection would not be possible - again as predicted (maybe I should dothe Lotto on Saturday.. :?
I can't make a pick up for you because I want to use ebay...I will send the item through ebay and after I start the shipping you must make the payment to them...after that you will receive the bike and you will have 5 days to check it and inspect...if something is not like I told you the agent will give you the money back...let me know..
Scamming bastardy BASTARD!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Good work.

why dont you just call him up on it, show him the listing that ended, tell him you've notified ebay. at least then it might mean the listing is ended early/taken down....
the wheels of ebay are slow to turn sometimes, but my experience is that they do get there....

twain":1q0thesa said:
why dont you just call him up on it, show him the listing that ended, tell him you've notified ebay. at least then it might mean the listing is ended early/taken down....
the wheels of ebay are slow to turn sometimes, but my experience is that they do get there....

I've done just that myself, I don't trust ebay to act in time and don't like the thought of someone getting scammed with me just having sat here and let it happen. I doubt the 'seller' will afford me the courtesy of a reply but if he does I'll happily paste it here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back