Very light, QUIET disc wheels

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I HATE noisy freehubs. :x So, I'm thinking XTR hubs, Sapim CX-Ray spokes on some of the Stans 330g rims. Light, durable strong.

Opinions?

SP

Stans, cheesey? Nooo!
I bought a bike that had Stans olympics fitted to CKs. They looked weak and wimpy so I thought I may as well trash them sooner rather than later. THey stood up to everything I could throw at them.

Nice. Maybe its the dh versions then which is of course often par for course. Hugely preferential i suppose - ignore me if you like.
Always 717's.

I've got Stans Crest on my 29er and they seem fine. That said, I haven't had them for long and I weigh bugger all. Having the wheels built by someone that knows what they're doing is key, you'll destroy any rim if it's been built badly.

Not overly impressed with later Shimano hubs.

Hope they've fixed it now but there were LOADS of problems with broken pawls in the previous generation of XTR and Dura-Ace hubs.

SLX is more reliable TBH.

Otherwise... Hope - and earplugs. :p

I was considering XC717, but I've already got a set of those on XT, which aren't the lightest wheels. I have considered Strada for the build.

SP

I have ck hubs on 317s they are pretty damn light and pretty tough too. I've got some sun equalizer rims to build the hubs up to when I trash them, they're about 400 g a rim.
Not too loud either, hope are ridiculously loud!

I have ck hubs on 317s they are pretty damn light and pretty tough too. I've got some sun equalizer rims to build the hubs up to when I trash them, they're about 400 g a rim.
Not too loud either, hope are ridiculously loud!

Latest posts

Back