650 wheels in a 26" sus fork??

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Does anybody know of a modern(ish) suspension fork with enough clearance to run a 650b wheel?
The radius of my 26" front wheel inc tyre is around 335mm, the 650b has a radius of 352mm so only 17mm different.
So any forks about with generous mud clearance?? :D :D

Grannygrinder":2tpyiuiu said:
Does anybody know of a modern(ish) suspension fork with enough clearance to run a 650b wheel?
The radius of my 26" front wheel inc tyre is around 335mm, the 650b has a radius of 352mm so only 17mm different.
So any forks about with generous mud clearance?? :D :D

according to: http://forums.mtbr.com/650b/official-65 ... 92220.html all fox forx work.

Fox F100 Suspension Fork, that has just had a ful service at Mojo Suspension. Perfect working order with only a few tiny cosmetic marks. Includes Handlebar mounted Remote Lock Out. 1 1/8 ahead fork steerer 195mm (crown race not included). standard quick release dropout. £350posted
31oct2012038.jpg

PM me for more pics & info

Thanks for the link. Lovely as those forks are i think a set of phylo's will be more the sort of money i was hoping to spend ;)

Grannygrinder":3djurr3a said:
Actual clearance for the fork will only be affected by half that surely?
And for 17mm difference overall - why bother?

Fox's 650b-specific forks are 17mm taller than the 26in ones -- they're supposed to take a 2.4in 650b tyre. You couldn't run one that big in a 26in fork, a 2.2 or 2.3 may work depending on the exact tyre in question. But 650B and a smaller tyre isn't very much bigger than 26in and a big tyre ;)

...hence my original question :roll:
Admittedly theres not a lot in it, but my relatively low proflie 650b Racing Ralph rubbed on my 2000 SIDS. I'm running 460mm a/c carbon forks for the minute but they state 160mm maximum front disc diametre and i run a 180mm rotor up front.

2002> RS Psylos appear to be the best value option so far ;)

stevet1":1yqg5e6b said:
Grannygrinder":1yqg5e6b said:
Actual clearance for the fork will only be affected by half that surely?
And for 17mm difference overall - why bother?

No not half the radius. It will be affected by the whole radius, half the diametre and ***% of the circumference :D

Back