I likes it here.

Agreed, this is one of the more 'sound' forums you will find on the internet. I've drifted around various forums (fora?) over the years, and it's been a bit of a mixed bag. The big surprise for me were the road racing forums on Bike Radar and Cycling News. I can understand it with football, and to a degree cricket, but it never ceases to amaze me how quickly threads on there descend into tit for tat bickering :(

Regards

It was a little off, given the OP had not started by mentioning a budget, but had mentioned Carbon, and thus anyone sensible would have assumed a decent budget.

STW is a bit like that though, it's full of tools who like starting agreements / trying to be smart arses. There are some genuinely helpful guys on there too, but all too often it ends up in a willy waving contest.

I think STW has a core demographic that I don't really oft into. Don't really bother with the other forums.

Although there was the first off thread the other day on here when the guy posted up his Marin DH bike and wanted a bit more info and it descended into a slanging match. Hopefully that won't happen too much. There will be times when people have different opinions in stuff, bit there's no need to be silly about it.

Back