Magura HS11 / HS33 fitting - Trials

chimp007_uk

Dirt Disciple
I'm trying to fit some HS11's to my trials bike (the bike got mothballed about 10years ago when I learnt to drive). I've come up against a couple of issues...

I'm currently using Evo adapters, with the front mounted booster, however the booster is too narrow!

Tyre - 2.35" (~60mm)
Rim - 39mm
Distance between the canti bosses - 90mm
Gap on booster - 58mm

I broke one of the adapters fitting the front brake, so looking for a replacement and was made aware of the evo2 adapters that tartybikes do.

large_evo2mount.jpg

Just want to be 100% that the evo2 mount and boosters will fit.

Anyone had any experience?

My_Teenage_Self":39z1svm1 said:
Tell me what measurement you need on the evo 2 and I'll get it for you.

:D

You beauty!

large_evo2mount2.jpg

- Hole centres of the rear booster (where the pegs go through)
- Mminimum distance between where the front booster mount holes are (for tyre clearance)

What are your canti boss hole centres? Rim width? and Tyre width?

Hope that all makes sense?

Really appreciate it!

- Hole centres of the rear booster (where the pegs go through) About 80mm

- Mminimum distance between where the front booster mount holes are (for tyre clearance) 65mm (same as the rear one)

What are your canti boss hole centres? 80mm

I'll confess, I haven't actually fitted a wheel to these ones yet... :oops: :oops:

Thanks very much for doing that!

I think my problem is the canti boss spacing... If the booster holes are 80mm, they'll fit on mine when they're 10mm bigger.

Can you get wider boosters?

Hi,

Did you get any luck with this?

I had the same issue, basically the Evo boosters are too small for the older Magura brakes, and will only work with newer ones unless you can adjust your boss spacing. I have just used the older Magura adapters, rather than the Evos and have no problems!

I had to use the original evo mounts and swap them round. My boss spacing is on the limit (90mm). It works, but the adjustment is very limited.

Back