Should I go tubeless?

TimHildreth

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Am currently builting up a bike, and I got myself a pair of UST Mavic Crossmax SLR, and am in two minds if to just run them tubless or not. If I go tubeless can anyone recommend a good set of all rounders?

YES.

Been running tubeless the on road, cross and mtbs for the last four years. Lovely ride and in the whole time only had one puncture that didn't seal up. That makes a big difference on a cold, muddy winter ride.

I think I may give it a go, i was thinking about speed kings, can anyone recommend any good all rounders?

Do you have to get special tubeless tyres or can I use normal tyres? (sorry if thats a silly question) :p

Google ghetto tubeless and you'll get loads of options , I'm running gorilla tape and valves from an old tube methos with homebrew sealant, had no problems in 10 months (when I did the conv), one of the reasons I chose the GC tyres is they are tubless ready, good tubless type bead but need sealant to seal the sidewall and and punctures, it works .
Matthew

Best to use tubeless specific tyres as they tend to be less porous and the beads a bit smoother - so they hold air and seal up better.

I'm not advocating tubeless in order to flog things - but I've got a few tubeless winter tyres for sale http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=226393.

They'll be fine for the messy weather if you want to give the tubeless thing a shot.

Rich

Back