Modern Technolgy Is Great

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Sub 600g full carbon forks.

I now have a frame and fork (inc headset) thats considerably lighter than most frames alone.

Sub 17lb here I come ;)

letmetalktomark":arxkiiiz said:

I now have a frame and fork (inc headset) thats considerably lighter than most frames alone.

Sub 17lb here I come ;)

:cool: :cool: perhaps 16lb :D any pictures

letmetalktomark":2ex79d6r said:

Sub 17lb here I come ;)

But why bother? There is such a thing as too light...personally I do not like builds that are very light, they can feel nervous to me. Is this becoming an obsession of yours Mark ;) :LOL:

Harryburgundy":mzsq0mak said:
letmetalktomark":mzsq0mak said:

Sub 17lb here I come ;)

But why bother? There is such a thing as too light...personally I do not like builds that are very light, they can feel nervous to me. Is this becoming an obsession of yours Mark ;) :LOL:

I agree with a bike being too light , I got my race bike down to 20lb and it became horrible t ride, twitchey beyond belief. Yet at 23lb with it was a nice bike to ride. Strange!

i remember back in 92 or 93, mountain biking magazine got a gt rts down to some stupid weight, like 17lb or something, thought it was total crap to ride, it just bounced off stuff as it was too light...

T'boo Ted":5qk14fc5 said:
i remember back in 92 or 93, mountain biking magazine got a gt rts down to some stupid weight, like 17lb or something, thought it was total crap to ride, it just bounced off stuff as it was too light...

It wasn't the low weight. It's a GT :LOL:

14 or 15 lb mtb's are great fun to ride. Down hill takes on a whole different feel. Going up hill is a dream

wouldn't like to see them suddenly go..
but nice weight :)
Do you have a picture as for some reason I cannot get the unicrown design bladed things out of my head when I see them on a bike. That's just not an mtb fork.

As for the GT, I bet they forgot to do simple things like change the tyre pressures and the suspension setup for the lighter bike and it's riding characteristics.

The advantage to a light bike that I can see is, when you come back from a ride it's still only 23lb with mud solidified into it and leaves tangled in places. Many times we have (for fun) weighed or bikes after and they've gained about 6lb in mud :LOL:

Back