Recommend a lockout fork for me

paramount13

Dirt Disciple
Looks as if I'm keeping my late '90's Ibis Mojo steel frame, and I will build it up. My concept is to have a light-duty hardtail that I would run on trails, but also would be happy with long stretches on the road to and from trails, with the fork locked out. I would probably run some 1.5-1.7" knobbies. The frame appears to be made for a 63-80 mm travel fork.

What is the fork for me? Can be used or new, but don't want to spend a ton. Lockout (non-remote) is essential. Thanks for your help!

I have a rockshox duke race, mine is 100mm and doesn't seem to be changeable to 80mm damn it, but they come in 80mm. it has a lockout and has been fantastic, coming from old manitous (3's and efc) where I did no maintenance, I still do no maintenance from 04 till this year, they are stiff, soak up the bumps and trail chatter, the lockout makes them ridgid (still ahven't figured out how to make the lock out on my new marzocchis work). And you can run discs or v's...
damn good fork, bought them as I had the duke xc on my epic fs bike, only good thing about that bike, so when I needed a fork for my arc, this was it.

Back