Intense Tazer advice needed...is this frame salvagable?

Mindmap3

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've been hunting for a Tazer for a little while and may have found a project one, but I'm not too sure if I'll be able to give it a new lease of life or not...

The frame in question has been shot blasted, but the shot was too rough so has given it a matt effect finish. It has been rattle canned black to prevent the alloy going manky. Will a fine shot blast give it a good enough finish to be powdercoated?

Also are the decals easy to come by?

I really want one, but don't want to end up with a nail.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You got any pictures? I probablhy cant judge as no experience but think pictures would help. To determine if its been blasted too much.

I'd say looking at the welds that it should be fine, if it had been excessively blasted the welds would practically be smoothed off. My Spooky had a similar 'rough' finish when it was soda blasted prior to powder coating.

It was I think. It did sell, but the chap who bought it is selling it to fund a ski trip. He never really did much with it.

I'm hoping it can be rescued because I've got a buying lined up for Lopes.

Only if I can find a Tazer.

I've always wanted one, but never bought one because everyone I knew who rode Intense frames was a little bit good. I'm not, so didn't want people to expect me to be... But now I just don't care, so reckon it'd be a good chance to buy one.

The Lopes is a tad short for me too...if I'm not careful I bang me knees on the bars when sprinting.

I've found a guy that'll make the decals no problem, he does alot of later intense decal sets and is doing me a set for another intense at the mo. Www.slikgraphics.com Andy from nwmtb gave me his details.

That frame came up just after I'd got my tazer, I contemplated having two of them at the time. It's be worth buying, building, making sure your happy then getting it blasted coated and decals!

Back