Mystery frame

Buzz1024

Dirt Disciple
I picked this frame up for the same as a pint - half of me reckoned it was a cheapo BSO but I was a wee bit intrigued with some of the design - was going to give it to the local youths bike project. I was expecting it to be finest quality heavyweight steel but it's ally and it appears to be fairly well made. It's pretty similar to a Univega but it aint one of them - it's been repainted at some point so i can't ebven see if there have been any decals previously - has anyone got any suggestions

frame1.jpg

frame2.jpg

frame3.jpg

frame4.jpg

That looks really nice.

I'd give it a good home!

Build it up and see if you like it :D

wasn't the SGS a four bar linkage - this frame is single pivot at the rear.
I'll get it stripped and repainted over the winter - have to start raking the internet for bits now.

Yeah having ggoled it, not sure that is right. It looks of fairly decent quality though, so worth doing up.

The SGS was a four bar linkage like a beefier old Specialized full susser.

Would imagine it is fairly good quality, given the twin integrated clamps on the seattube

I've still not had any luck identifying this, even with googling till my eyes are bleeding :shock: Anyone got any more suggestions - the serial number is AJ02051102 if any of the retro gurus out there have an encyclopedic knowledge of frame numbers - it's worth a try :LOL:
I'm gonna build it up anyway - it would just be nice to know what I've got so I can build it up the right way - thanks

Back