US shipping! Can anyone help? Modern content im afraid.

slimjoe

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Ive found a lovely modern frame that suits me...but the seller only ships to USA!

Can anyone help me with shipping over to the United Kingdom?

Did you approach the seller?

I find often that where they state USA only it is because they cannot be bothered with the hassle. Offering to pay a handling charge often loosens them up.

:)

you can use a forwarding service, if paypal, then hopshopgo is connected...

funny thing i have noticed recently, on ebay often if the seller doesn't post international, then you can't even contact them to say "i'll pay some silly amount for post"...

Postage

T'boo Ted":35n8p6rb said:
you can use a forwarding service, if paypal, then hopshopgo is connected...

funny thing i have noticed recently, on ebay often if the seller doesn't post international, then you can't even contact them to say "i'll pay some silly amount for post"...

Exactly what happened to me! Couldnt contact the seller...Im desparate for this frame too!

Yeah I don't get this, one of the things I really loved about ebay (apart from being able to get old stuff you couldn't get any more) was the ability to get stuff from all over the world that you could get where you were...
Its liek the more ebay gets "better" the crappier it gets. Its so restrictive, both to buyers and sellers (in different ways) and so full of fake or rubbish its almost useless

..... continuing with the ebay getting worse them, I don't like the way you cannot contact bidders - in the olden days you saw the bidders name now it is shown as some rnadom two letter name thus: a******e - actually noticed today - so it may be a new thing - but even my user id is no longer shown - what's all that about? why should I not be allowed to see where my bid(s) stand in the bidding sequence? GGrrrrr...... :twisted:

02gf74":1ipj958e said:
..... continuing with the ebay getting worse them, I don't like the way you cannot contact bidders - in the olden days you saw the bidders name now it is shown as some rnadom two letter name thus: a******e - actually noticed today - so it may be a new thing - but even my user id is no longer shown - what's all that about? why should I not be allowed to see where my bid(s) stand in the bidding sequence? GGrrrrr...... :twisted:

you can see where u stand but you can't see who bidded on an item and contact them - this prevents auction interference (people badmouthing the seller for example, before an auction is completed with payment/shipment)

I've noticed that relative to many other countries, it's costly to send packages from the USA with tracking information that's acceptable to Paypal. I think that's a major reason why US sellers (many of them) don't send overseas.

Postage

klasse":48kpccil said:
I can help you out, let me know

If you could help I would be extremely greatfull. I'll try again to contact the seller and explain why a UK bidder is bidding on the frame. Massive thanks for this mate.

Re: Postage

slimjoe":1qa8i8wh said:
klasse":1qa8i8wh said:
I can help you out, let me know

If you could help I would be extremely greatfull. I'll try again to contact the seller and explain why a UK bidder is bidding on the frame. Massive thanks for this mate.

No prob, the way I've done it in the past is to bid on it myself but if u wanna bid it and have it sent to me & Seller is cool w that, ok. Either way works

Back