Really really want fatbike!

jskdog

Senior Retro Guru
A few of the lads i ride with have bought new frames and are building new bikes, which got me thinking....do I sell of my bikes and buy one do it all? So i started looking at ikes that get my juices flowing and do everything, and i ended up looking t the surley fatbikes. I've read countless reviews and there i not a bad word to be said (weight aside). So should I sell off the fleet (Raven 4000SL, Orange Vit t2, Ti hardtail) and buy the one do it all bike?I've found a pugsley for £1200 new and I cannot stop looking at it. want want want.

Had a few fatbikes now and I can't get enough of them.

This years pugsleys and mukluks can be had for decent money now, as the new colours and specs are starting to drift over from USA.

Expect to save at least £200 on either bike.

If you search online, like I did with all 3 of mine, you can be surprised at how many people sell them, it's just they are not well known shops or are miles away.

I've done loads of research and they look like they will do anything, just waht I need. If I could guarantee selling all my bikes I would defintely be getting one. Although would be looking at the 20". Saltyman, do you use the fatbikes as your main ride?

I do use it for everything, don't believe the rubbish about they are only meant for snow and sand.....and that they are slow.

They roll really well, 26" rims with 4-5" tires come out at 29" and that means they roll quicker and over everything.

I have done almost 1,300 mile on the moonlander in 8 months, and its been on xc routes, beaches, mountains (where it climbs better than suspension bikes etc) descends like a suspension bike as its like having 4" travel front and back in the tires!

It's fantastic on the moors, flood plains, rock gardens....obviously excels on sand and gravel too.

I have been riding it to the beach, taking it splodging then ride it back, as its so comfortable, I prefer riding it over my hybrid too, so it's been doing lots of cardio and basically a hack bike type affair, shops, messages etc.

Look through my ride threads on moonlander, pugsley and mukluk and you see what I get upto on mine.

Remember, people use these for the 135mile arrowhead races and 1,000 mile idarod challenge etc, they are bombproof and easy to live with, just bizarre at first.

Just emailed Triton cycles to see if they can get the 20" in. Im guessing im going to need to be plcing some for sale ads up over the next few days!How do you rate the salsa mukluk?I am drawn to the pugsley though. Would love a moonlander but don't have enough bikes to sell :oops:

I got my pugsley from triton, they were very helpful, though I got it last year and had a 6 week wait.

Mukluk was good value, mk1 was imported in by myself at around £960 but I had charges on top, taking it to about £1200 or so.

Aluminium mukluk was 37.9lb in 19"....my moonlander is 20" of steel and is 3lb lighter!

Pugsley I had was wearing 65mm large marge rims, a slight disadvantage to the 80mm mukluks, but both are dwarfed by the moonlanders 100mm rims, and it makes a difference on sand and snow.

Saying that, they are all good at there job.

The pugsley comes in at £1199 not sure if they have any movement in the price but i may be able to get somewhere near that price selling off my bikes.

That's a good price for what you get, new models are basically the same, just new colours...

The surlys don't tend to change much, unlike some companies.

Back