XTR M960 setup questions

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok folks so I have mostly this stuff on my "new" bike and have some questions.

1. I have the long cage and super long cage rear mechs, would prefer the shorter of the two but it sits on the big cog at the back, anyone know what the biggest rear cog is that the mech can handle?

2. I have the cranks coming in the post but have heard that the middle ring is toast. 102mm bcd is not exactly common but have found a reasonably good deal online for a Middleburn replacement, anyone advise on whether Shimano or Blackspire are better as they are only a few quid more?

3. How do you adjust the reach on the brake levers? They work well but the levers are just too far away for me to use the way I want

Cheers for any help

Not to sure on the mechs or brake levers but i've had four of the cranks. Go with the Middleburns! Other set ups i've had have been as soft as butter! Middleburn + XTR M960 look cool as well :cool:

middelburns - a set of 3 weight 22g more than the XTR set but they seem to be very durable - have some sort of cearmic coating - I did a big 60 mile muddy event and there is almost not a mark on them, wich did surprise me a little (the non marks as opposed to the event)

Latest posts

Back