Just ordered my XT 785 Brakes...

Mindmap3

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
As per the title, after much deliberation I've decided to go for the XT 785 brakes and finally ordered a set from Rose bikes. Also went for the Ice Tech rotors, probably overkill but the all in price was cheap as.

I can't wait for them to turn up...just hope they live up to my expectations.

Just need to get my Hayes sold now to get some money back.

I replaced my m775 rear brake with a m785 but without the ice disc as i had the std m775 discs.
I also still run the m775 front brake and the diffrence between them is vast. the 785s have great power and feel and as soon as i can afford the front brake to match i will a good choice and i think you will be pleased.
have fun
tony
:D

The 775 doesn't seem all that popular, whereas everyone seems to rave about the 785. I like the fact that they are designed for one finger braking, so hopefully I won't have to run the levers so far down my bars.

I paid £60 and end excluding rotors which seemed pretty good.

blinking flippy flip - £ 120 for a full set of XT disc brakes (minus the disc) ..... that is unbelievable price! :shock:

are these the beauts with the heat sink mounted on the caliper?
saw some SLX brakes with these on, they look pretty tech and by all accounts perform just as well.

i'm already looking to save up for a decent (and matching) set of brakes - these are on my wishlist - i like the levers :) good to know Rosebikes are offering a great price too!

Yup, they come with the finned ice tech pads. Not that I reckon I'll get much benefit in this country, but hey ho. Will be interesting to see how they compare to my Hayes (which I really like, but I love Shimano brakes).

The whole lot with the ice tech rotors, delivered to my front door was only slightly more than Merlin for just the brakes!

Just had a call from my bank to say that the transaction had been cancelled because they thought it was fraudulent. So I've just had to reorder them.

That will explain the email I had from Rose to say my card had been declined! Phew.

All sorted now. My bank can be pretty over zealous with these things. They even stopped a payment to a restaurant from the weekend.

They should be with me next Friday at the very latest.

Back