shaun palmer clip from chainsmoke

yea i remember when he made the transition, he was a typical snowboarder 'dude' and had a go at downhilling lol he obliterated the field.
it must have really narked people off, he didn't train like the pro's he just had so much raw talent and a inhuman lack of fear for his own saftey. the guy used to pedal where others were braking!
not that i know him lol i just used to watch him a lot and read all the reports.
Oh no! i have just realised i even bought a palmer snowboard bitd, this is kind of creepy.
Im not gay or owt.

I remember when he came on the scene .... used to biy the mtb mags back then. Checked wikipedia and he is still alive. A bit like Steve Peat who did not train much but has skill and nots of nerve.

That's ace. Me and my riding mates loved that film when it first came out. We were forever watching that, Chainspotting and the first Sprung movie, all on good ol' VHS.

Palmer is a legend, he's done well in other stuff too. I really think he changed the face of DH.

02gf74":18swkmsa said:
A bit like Steve Peat who did not train much but has skill and nots of nerve.

What??? I'm pretty sure you are mistaken, possibly for Rob Warner.

Me too, he used to train pretty damn hard but managed to give off the image that he didnt do that much.

I know he's knocked training on the head now due to kids...and probably getting a bit older!

Back