Hi

Have a Ti frame which I gave a light rub down with grey
Scotchbrite(ultrafine) took off the ghosting of old decals/polished marks left
By cable rub.. Is this all it needs or does it need more intensive
Rubbing ? Will be applying decals soon so looking
To get the best finish to apply too .

Any info welcome :)

Col

Can not remember the colours at the moment but start with rough scotchbrite (brown or green) lots of hot soapy water and rub down gradually changing pads to finer grades. Personally I go for a criss-cross stylee rubbing down.
Rinse and clean with fresh water then get some kitchen towel or newspaper and WD40 to take out any grim left over and leaving a lovely sheen finish.

Harryburgundy":mjg113li said:
Can not remember the colours at the moment but start with rough scotchbrite (brown or green) lots of hot soapy water and rub down gradually changing pads to finer grades. Personally I go for a criss-cross stylee rubbing down.
Rinse and clean with fresh water then get some kitchen towel or newspaper and WD40 to take out any grim left over and leaving a lovely sheen finish.

Excellent I'm heading in the right direction then :)

Thanks for tips :) :)

if you have the finish you are after from the grey pads then there is no point putting marks back in witgh a coarser pad

lewis1641":1iye8zgl said:
if you have the finish you are after from the grey pads then there is no point putting marks back in witgh a coarser pad

Thanks for input it's what I was kinda thinking .. Frame has not
Been extensively used by condition so I reckon I'll give her good degreasing before applying decals..

Cheers

Col :)

It's what i wastold by our 3 ti bike frame suppliers when i was in the trade. I've triedthis myself..........think it's to do with how tubes are drawn/originally polished ie metal grain etc.....

Back