someone illuminate* me as to why ...

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
this
costs £ 233 whereas
this
costs £ 21. Ok so the latter doesn;t have a poxy front nad rear LED lamp but still, someone is having a
mutantgiraffe1.jpg

* see what I did there? :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Typo...:D

If you look back at his feedback, there are 2 or 3 previously listed about 20 down the list (#140744146377, 11-Sep-12 16:49) at £29.99, re-listed at £229.99 :shock:

All the best,

yup - on my second - but been through 3 batteries - don't use them in heavy rain - they are good if you only use them in the dry. To be honest I have now spent almost as much as a half decent light set, they are bright but quality is not high.

donch hate it when peeps post sensible repolies .... i did spot the sold items and it appears there is the number 2 beofre the actual price.

anyways, that is neither here not there - mr Ken - which exact model of these lamps do you have?

i received a set couple of days ago - the 3.7 V version (ther are some running of a 8.4 V bsattery)

admitedly the handlebar clammps looks a bit flimsy and the bracket on the lamp itself is loose as it is held by one tiny screw - bit of epoxy glue should fix that.

have to say it is much brighter then my DIY lamps not surpirisngly really as the cree is a 4 die LED compared to a single die.

the lamp itself has o-rings so it ought to be sealed - roll on GMT when I will get round to testing it.

the first one I bought was form deal extreme and looked like this....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-XML-XM-L ... 816wt_1163

the newer one is this one.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300677445326? ... 555wt_1163

the second one is much lighter and the fins are no where near as deep so I think cooling might be an issue, inside was clean though and it does have a dimpled reflector.

On my original I also bought a spreader lens and it it brilliant - no hot spot and evenly lit trails, can't find the link though.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
My first one is still going fine. Though not always in use, I supplemented it (for commutting) with two of the Cree bar mounted torches.

Back