Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Enid_Puceflange

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Ok,

I was gonna buy a longer Thomson post for my Mr O , but thought of the limitations of a one piece post so looked at droppers...........

Did a bit of digging around and found a decent price on Joplin 3's, so bought one!

Now because of my frames design, if the seat post is down too far, it can foul the swingarms travel...........

If I cut it down to its shortest length , its at a good height when extended for riding the bike on trails and the short road trips to the woods and places, but when down its still a little too high for full on mental D/H activities

DO I........

1: bite the bullet , cut it & try and live with it?

2: sell it or swap it for a nice post & a bit of cash adjustment my way?

4D0188E1-4522-4A42-B573-FE924E81EC4D-23729-00001CF09E039B83.jpg

I'm thinking along the lines of putting a seatpost inside a seatpost, like a telescopic antenna really. That should do the trick.

Get the correct seatpost for your frame, cut the top off, find a second seatpost that fits inside the one you cut off and use a second clamp to secure that to the first one.
It'll look a bit like the one you have now, but with more adjustment.

sell it and get a solid post ie: Thompson or any other equally snazzy post. :D

The ideas you are suggesting, he would still have to stop and undo the clamp and move it? May as well just get a normal post? Or did i miss something?

I take it you are trying to find a decent compromise on saddle position?
Unfortunately that looks like a no compromise frame. :LOL:
Even with a longer normal post you wouldn't have much height adjustment without it sticking out the bottom when down.

I say just keep it slammed and hope your knees don't complain too much when you try to ride it anywhere. It is a downhill beast after all. ;)

Back