CRC Sale

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Seems to have some stonking bargains. Alot better than their normal sale. I've just ordered this RF Turbine POST

Anyone else found anything?

i got me one of those posts ;) it arrived the other day and i have to say it is very nice. Attention to detail is stunning. :cool:

I picked up a Royal jacket for less than half price.

I need a new cassette and chain for the Lopes 4x and there are some half descent ones for very little in their sale.

Some of the deals on clothing are / were great. I was going to buy the jacket anyway at the end of October, but figured at less than half price I had to buy it now! I would have been mad at myself if I'd paid nearly full price later on.

Bike stuff costs so much these days, so I always try and take advantage of sales etc.

I managed to get some royal shorts, tyres and spares for myself.

Best bargain was last week, in the 15% off every 24hours sale...My son had ruined his helmet in a crash a little while ago (he claimed to forgot the bike could turn corners) on CRC a kids Giro helmet came down to £7 :D

Jacket turned up today...well pleased but can't help thinking its too nice for cycling in!

Can't fault CRC prices or service, my only gripe is the stupid boxes they send everything in; I ordered two E4 pad springs in a separate order when I realised that you could buy them separately and they were sent in a huge box! Why not use a little jiffy bag?

Has the same with them small item, big box but they seem to be re-using packaging which can't be so bad. At least that's the only gripe I've heard about them, some shops let you buy stuff that's not in stock then tell you it'll be a three week wait and refuse to refund.......

B77":205mf0gg said:
Has the same with them small item, big box but they seem to be re-using packaging which can't be so bad. At least that's the only gripe I've heard about them, some shops let you buy stuff that's not in stock then tell you it'll be a three week wait and refuse to refund.......

It only annoys be me because the still parts that I order get taken to the local post office if we're both at work and I have to wait till the weekend for my stuff!

Never had your issue, but I had some fun trying to track down a pair of old M4 pads so I could ride at the weekend. One of the local shops sneered at me...'they're a bit old, not seen a set of them for ages'. No wonder people go to CRC et al. Its in stock, free delivery and normally cheaper...

Ok probably not the place but a small rant.....

Snapped a chain last night so went to my nearly local LBS today (my local one is shut for a months holiday) for a replacement. This place is a Shimano, SRAM, Cannondale, LaPierre, Kona, Cube, Look & Scott main dealer with more gadgets, accesories, body armor and Camelbaks than you can shake a stick at. i was the only person in the shop but it still took them 5 minutes to ask if I needed help. Asked which 9 speed chains they had, was told they didn't have any and didn't know when they would be getting any in because it's the end of the season over here, 'ok then have you any Saint brake pads ?' No, no-one uses those any more, ok got any Maxxis Minions ? No, won't get any till next year, ok what tyres have you got ? They're over there...5 tyres, 3 semi slicks and 2 Schwalbe Nobby Nics for 70 euros each. I counted at least 20 different types of kneepads including the D3o 661s for 185 euros ! but no basic bits and pieces.......and all delivered with such an attitude of arrogance that I wanted to.

So in future stuff the LBSs, not found a good one over here yet, overpriced and staffed by gits.

Rant over

Back