Nokon type cables, talk to me! tell me!!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
was thinking about cables for the new bike.

i sort of liked the look of the nokon cables but i had some of the early ones and the plating came off in flakes, i know they have now started anodizing them instead but i haven't used them in several years and i also know there are now other similar brands, anyone use them? or recommend another brand?

:D

I have had nokon and alligator i-link. The i-link to me felt cheap and i had the gold which was closer to mango.
The nokon was very solid and i believe each piece is machined? Vote for nokon here. The ano on mine was aboslutely fine. I was very impressed and would have it on all my bikes that need it if i had the money for it. AND, you can build some crazy colour combinations with it but depends how much you want to spend.

does it creak
i did a quick search on here an some said it creaks alot

wonder if i greased each piece when assembleing it would cure the creaking

Mine never creaked. I supsect thats probably heavy wet usage in which case some stuff is sometimes expected to creak. It is metal on metal contact after all, nothing a bit of gt85 wouldnt cure.

I'm partial to a bit of bling but have not been convinced by Nokon on my mates bikes. On their bikes it doesn't line up smooth and looks a bit untidy with kinks and "wrinkles" in the routing. YMMV

Enjoy!!

YMMV?

this is why i was asking opinions, when done correctly i think they can look good, that said i have only really seen them on show bikes, while this bike will be on show at somepoint it is most definitely a rider so performance is the main thing.

Dead Rats":1mrqife1 said:
cyfa2809":1mrqife1 said:
SiRvInO":1mrqife1 said:
GT-85 cures nearly all problems.........bike related!! :LOL:

Just no good as chain lube as halfords would lead you to believe.

do they really say that? :facepalm:

Yep, its bad isnt it. Lying to people to make money.

Hmm i find it odd that it didnt line up properly and im not quite sure what you mean. As i recall, it goes a long piece then an adjoining 'ball' which sits in a concave bit on the long bit, then repeat.

Back