Hope Hub Help

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Can anyone tell me if an early Ti hope bulb freehub would fit on a pro 2 hub?
I have an old bulb where the freehub is in mint condition,i now have a pro 2 with the alloy freehub but its suffered the usual cut in marks.Not that there is anything wrong with the pro 2 one im just wondering if i can swop them over and have the best of both worlds :?

Sure i could dismantle both but id prefer to ask first before trying it.I might also phone Hope but they might give me false facts in the 'hope' i buy another hope freehub[not that i think they would try to mislead, but there is always that possibility with large companies if you speak to the wrong person :)

Also
I have some red loaded spokes i won that are 260mm long[2 packs=72 in total] I was hoping that i could use them to rebuild the pro 2 with.
The wheelbuilder says no,that they are too short but when i measured the spokes from the bulb i found them to be 263mm and the pro 2 flanges to be much larger indicating that the spokes would be a bit shorter.Anyone confirm the spoke length needed to lace a pro 2 onto an MT19 rim?

Info i have from one of the calculators doesnt compute :?
Hope pro 2 135mm rear
Flange dia'
Left 56.Right 54
Flange distance
Left 31.5.right 20.5

They only ask for one but which one :?

Rim size 559
Then asks for offset
Where is the offset info.Wont calculate without it :?
On the rim its got a 17.5 next to the diameter.Would that be it?

Either way the info im getting back is showing that despite the flanges being larger than the bulb the spokes are longer.Now that makes no sense at all :shock:

Most of them dont recognise drc as a rim brand despite it being used for several years
Total pain in the arse this,no wonder people take the wheelbuilder at his word[not that he'd tell me fibs of course],so maybe im getting all the info wrong.

cyfa2809":30c7a7vf said:
Try a different calculator. I was using spocalc.
The erd isnt always 559.

ive given up :oops:
At the wheelbuilder tomorrow so although it will cost me 20 per wheel it comes without headaches :LOL:

Hi
Erd is 533
You didn't state hole count or cross so 32h 3x...
Nd = 257
D = 258

Hope this clears things up a bit!!
Cary

Sounds a bit more like it, pretty common size that.
You may get away with it, depending on nipples used etc.

Keewee":338ub9s3 said:
Hi
Erd is 533
You didn't state hole count or cross so 32h 3x...
Nd = 257
D = 258

Hope this clears things up a bit!!
Cary

sorry :oops:
Diameter 559
Count 32
Crossing probably 3x

They have told me not to use loaded spokes because they consider them crap.The 20 quid for the build includes plain DT spokes or if you have them its £8/wheel .I think it works in at £23 or £25 for double butted :? [inc build]
Just trying to save a bit of cash :)

Absolutely go for the DB spokes if you can strech to it!!!!! As far as build cost goes, it sounds very reasonable!!!!

People pay a lot more going by what I've seen on here :shock:

Good luck with getting them sorted although there are some very good online resources if you decide have a go yourself. You could get a set of DT DB spokes from crc for £17 with nipples, they supply 14mm nipples as standard so you will need to buy spokes 1mm shorter to account for that, I would use the same length spokes on both sides as there is only 1mm between them so take the drive side length subtract 1mm and that's your spoke length !!!!

Sheldon will keep you right as far as building!!!

http://sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html

And this guy is prey easy to follow there is a whole series from spoke prep to final fine tune, it really is worth checking out!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNOCuNLQ ... ata_player

On a side note... Did you ever sell your Shimano disc brakes (unused pair with one hose missing???? If not PM me your best price posted to Aberdeen and see if we can work something out!!!!
Cheers
Cary

Back