Any 6' cotic owners??

ChrisR

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After much deliberation over bike frames (full sus/hardtail, steel or Alu etc.) I'm finally settled on a cotic soul/BFe (Probably a BFe given the size of me).

I fall right on the line between a medium (17.5") and large (19"). Anyone got any idea which way I should go??

i would try to compare 'effective top tube' lengths to what your riding now (if comfortable..........

if you are between sizes in respect of inside leg length then the top tube is goingto be more critical than having the seatpost up a bit or down a bit and stand over hight should be ok if you are in between frame sizes.

I ride 17.5 /18 frames if long top tubes like Cove/Cotic hardtails.......and 19 inch frames on other brands like Kona....so i can be in between sizes depending on the brands sizing..........i could never fit on Marins one was always too small and the other was too big !

Well my current MsIsle has a tt length of 22" and a medium cotic is 23.25" so that should be a sufficient improvement but the large is a 24" top tube so still sensible. :?

what size is your Orange center of bb to top of seat tube ? plus that 22 measurement was than actual top tube or effective ? as did it feel too short to you ?

Sounds like the M would be a tad/tiny bit small pending the size of your Orange

But the large just might be too long.......

Do you like to sit up a bit or be low down at the front ?

Orange is 16" from bb centre to top of seat tube and 22" is naked frame seat tube to headtube. So actual may be slightly longer. I was quite up right not helped by 2" rise bars and a 15 degree 90mm stem.

I've just ordered a 0 rise stem and a set of 0.5" rise bars to see if that helps a bit prior to frame purchase.

I'm very upright on the MsIsle currently though.

Trouble is MsIsle is a different style of frame........

so i guess it would boil down to....do you want a more up right bike or a long streched out cross county style bike....

the M would be more aggressive active out of the two sizes and the L would be a bit slower i guess due to longer wheel base......

Perhaps ask on here if anyone near you with one to sit/ride a wee bit

I'm 6.0 with 32 'inch leg and was happy on a M soul a long time back and the Soul has a slightly longer top tube in M than the BFe according to their site ?! .

Ithink after your 16'' Orange you'd be happy on M Bfe or less aggressive Soul......

you could always email them about sizing, they are happy to help

Yea there's a whole 4mm of difference lmfao.

I'm leaning toward a medium currently. Quite like the idea of being able to throw the bike around a bit (as I obviously can with MsIsle).

Also think I'll go for the BFe... Bit more strength to hold me up plus a bit more fun (possibly)... And in fairness I need to loose a lb more than the frame does
:LOL:

Back