I.D. an old Townsend bike

rich222

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,

Just joined because i am in search of an old bike i used to ride, i have trawled the internet and this site for pics of it and cant find any (dont think i have any myself) it was the first bike i started off roading on and covered a lot of miles, but it was stolen and i have always wanted another.

I know it probably wont be seen as a great bike by some but i have wanted to track oen down, heres what i remember of it:

Make - Townsend
colour - Gold/burnt orange
approx year - 1998/1999
Gearing - SIS
Suspension - None
size - 17

If anybody can help even to identify what make/model it was it would help, unfortunately i took it for granted at the time and have missed it since! If anyone has any pics to help find one it would be great too.

Rich

The problem with Townsends is the model names change as frequently as the paint schemes on what are usually very basic high tensile steel frames. The basic bike is ultimately the same bike no matter what they call it, Townsend seldom went in for much R&D or tech inovation.

Best bet is look on ebay or gumtree for a Townsend that, paint scheme aside, looks like your old bike with the most similar spec level and chances are it will be for all intents and purposes the same bike.

Townsend have sold bikes made of reynolds 500/501/531 tubing but they are rare as hens teeth. The majority are high tensile steel such as my 1994 Beartooth which I still hold a nostagic liking for. ;)

Back