99 kona caldera

painter09

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
this fell into my lap tonight affter a guy came to buy my giant :D time for an upgrade to more modern bike for him leaving this surplus so i took it as a trade. the kona is now on my list of thing to do and my poor 91 gt tequesta is on the list of things to leave at the back of my workshop :(

Attachments

• kona caldera 005.JPG
    kona caldera 005.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,077
  • kona caldera 003.JPG
    kona caldera 003.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,077
  • kona caldera 004.JPG
    kona caldera 004.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,076
  • kona caldera 001.JPG
    kona caldera 001.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 1,078
That should come up a treat with a few subtle changes and a tidy up.

Looks like the bike could have been too small from him, on the upper end of the scale in terms of seatpost height and the bar ends are at quite a relaxed angle.

Bombers and Kona's are a great combo so you have the basis of a very nice bike. Saddle looks battered though :LOL:

i will agree with you on the size thing he was a tall chap and the frame seems a little small for me and im shorter than he was. i mesured the bb to seat post and it comes in at 18 inches so would say its a medium. the seat is battered and wll need replacing and i have a nice stem that has a good rise on it so could make the bike a little more barable to ride.

dvatcmark":3a14r8ee said:
Have you put this on ebay off has somebody robbed your photos.off here?
its on ebay its a little small for me so up for grabs. nice to see someone taking note wether a bike is legit or a scammer pulling a fast one. got a ebayer wanting it for full price with postage but wont trust me on a bank transfare payment :shock: so many people on this planet wants your bank details to wire you the monies but when im willing to give them they run a mile :shock:

painter09":3fuqmwzf said:
its on ebay its a little small for me so up for grabs. nice to see someone taking note wether a bike is legit or a scammer pulling a fast one. got a ebayer wanting it for full price with postage but wont trust me on a bank transfare payment :shock: so many people on this planet wants your bank details to wire you the monies but when im willing to give them they run a mile :shock:
I know where you are coming from, but I'd be the same as your would-be buyer. Ebay isn't exactly the most legit of places - although i am sure you are kosher there's lots out there who aren't. I'd go with paypal everytime unless it was pick up where I could inspect it myself.

Shame this one is too small for you - great frame.

Back