The Olympics hits Retrobike.

MADJEZ

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ok there's no escaping it the Olympics has arrived and who knew there was mountain biking in the games (I had to do a lot of googling to find it !). Anyone going to see it ? With all the TDF buzz it's been forgotten.

How about an Olympic thread : Anyone got any old Olympic race bikes or games branded stuff to show off ?

Thanks to the Mods for moving this because as we all know the modern Olympics started in 1998..................

No-one's interested anyway.

MADJEZ":17jwzoyb said:
Thanks to the Mods for moving this because as we all know the modern Olympics started in 1998..................

Annie Last was showing a presenter around the XC track on some telly program a month ago, It might have been on Countryfile..

MADJEZ":dtjscvn5 said:

Moved it from Retro MTB chat because the first Olympic MTB event took place in 1996 at Atlanta which although before the 98 cut-off, is still pretty close. The majority of Olympic MTB events have taken place after 1998.

I'm also aware that road and track events have been part of the modern Olympics for many, many years.
So should I have moved it to the Road section...?

Oh no, I moved it to Bike chat 98--> mostly due to this part of it's description: "Any bike chat which doesn't fit elsewhere should go here too"

Anyway here is a picture of 1996 Olympic Women's XC gold medalist Paola Pezzo.

PaolaPezzo-OS-1996.jpg

Sold Off a pair of clip-on pedals to a guy in New York 2 years ago, I was said afterwards that these came from a guy that raced in the Olympics...d'oh!

cactus-man":k2frguts said:
Sold Off a pair of clip-on pedals to a guy in New York 2 years ago, I was said afterwards that these came from a guy that raced in the Olympics...d'oh!

Hmm not such a big deal. Stuff like that often doesnt hold much value really.

MADJEZ":ekwwyirj said:
Ok there's no escaping it the Olympics has arrived and who knew there was mountain biking in the games (I had to do a lot of googling to find it !). Anyone going to see it ? With all the TDF buzz it's been forgotten.

How about an Olympic thread : Anyone got any old Olympic race bikes or games branded stuff to show off ?

im going to the mens on 12th with my mrs and 3 kids!........i could crush a grape were all so excited!..... :D

drystonepaul":1vj7weim said:
Moved it from Retro MTB chat because the first Olympic MTB event took place in 1996 at Atlanta which although before the 98 cut-off, is still pretty close. The majority of Olympic MTB events have taken place after 1998.

OK I'll forgive you, and suddenly interest (everyone must be over Saturday mornings hangover).

I wondered about Olympic kit in general as I nearly went mad on ebay about 10 years ago, someone was selling an ex Team USA GT track bike frame for about $200. Despite having no interest in track cycling I just thought it would be really cool GT thing to have. Postage was too much so I didn't do it (damn !).

Think it was one of these.

$(KGrHqUOKm4E4PccYS4mBOOFGf61cQ~~_12.JPG

Back